If you are booked for a show in March 2020, please click here to view the performer agreement associated with your booking.
Please note that we are no longer using the “glitterbombapplications” gmail address, so all correspondence should go through the “glitterbombdenton” gmail.
The following performer agreement applies to bookings beginning April 2, 2020:
There are substantial changes from our previous performer agreement so please read it carefully.
Greetings and welcome! We thank you for being a part of our performing family. Please read through everything presented here, and if you have questions, do not hesitate to ask.
You will receive an email 7-10 days before the show with your profile flyer, any updates about the show or venue, and to let you know who your stage crew will be. Please note there will no longer be a weekly Facebook messenger group. Please keep up with us on Facebook and Instagram, and tag the show in your photos and updates! Any questions or concerns should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
122 N Locust, Denton
Please be aware that this is a non-smoking venue.
Glitterbomb is an anti-racist, anti-sexist, anti-transphobic queer show. While we do allow raunchy, boundary-pushing, outlandish performances that critique and poke fun at social issues, we do not allow expression of oppressive themes or cultural appropriation. If you are not sure if your act would be a fit for our stage, please don’t hesitate to talk with the producer.
- Music must be sent to email@example.com in MP3 format by noon on the Friday before your show. Songs must be under six minutes unless okayed by producer. Do NOT send a link to a song – we do not stream music online during shows. Do NOT bring music on a CD.
- Headshot/photos should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you receive your contract.
- For all correspondence through email, please put your performer name and the name of the show you are booked for in the subject line.
- Stage setup/directions and intro/bulletpoints about you and your act should be completed in full in the booking contract.
- During the week leading up to the performance, you are required to post a photo with a teaser of your act(s) in the glitterbombdenton facebook group.
- You are required to promote the show through your own Facebook page, Instagram, or other social media platform(s).
- We accept tips on your behalf through our venmo, so be sure to encourage your followers to send tips to @glitterbombdenton and put your name in the comment area.
Show Day Requirements
- Call time is 8 pm. Please be sure you’ve signed in with the stage manager NO LATER THAN 8:15. When you do, please note the exact time you’re signing in, not your arrival time.
- You will receive a drink and a food ticket when you sign in. Please be sure you tip your bartender when you use your tickets. If you are late and miss sign-in, you do not get your tickets.
- please do not be mean to our crew if you are late and don’t get your drink ticket!
- Meet with your stage manager to go over your setup and breakdown.
- Meet with your host to discuss your intro.
- The show will start at 9:00 and curtain call is around 11:00. You are required to be present throughout the whole show, and be in the cast photo at the end.
- Payout (including venmo tips) happens via check, Venmo, or Paypal the evening of the show. If you miss sign-in, you will have to sign in after the show, which may delay payout.
- After the show, please interact with the audience, take selfies, etc. It really helps to build our community and ensures that they’ll come back in the future.
- Keep an eye out for audience members with a “one of us” sticker – those are first timers, so please welcome them and thank them for coming.
- The stage is 3’3″ high and is carpeted.
- You can leave the stage into the audience, there are stairs on stage left.
- When you enter from the dressing room, please be sure someone closes the curtain behind you.
- Absolutely no liquid pours or liquid mess on the stage. If you have some other type of mess (confetti, cake, etc.) you must have prior approval and provide your own tarp if necessary.
- Absolutely no loose glitter. Confetti is fine with permission if it can be reasonably cleaned up.
- Absolutely no fire. As much as we would love to have fire performers, we are under very strict instructions from the venue (due to legal/insurance issues) and cannot have fire on our stage.
- If you have extras in your act, make sure you get approval from the producer prior to the show.
- When you exit, do not pick up your belongings. The stage crew will bring your tips and stripper droppings to you backstage.
Dressing Room Requirements
- The dressing room is TINY so please only be in there if you need to be.
- Bring a robe or something to wear when you’re walking around so you don’t reveal your costume prior to your number.
- Cast and crew ONLY!! If you have an extra, please discuss their dressing room needs with the producer prior to show night. Due to the smaller dressing room at our venue, we will be enforcing this very firmly.
- Please be mindful of how much space you are taking up. Do not bring large bags or containers. Keep your belongings contained and share counters and mirrors.
- Please be quiet while backstage.
- Please limit aerosol sprays while backstage.
- The dressing room area must be clean when you leave. Take all of your trash with you, and take glassware outside the dressing area.
- Please move your belongings into the small dressing room immediately after the show, as the main curtain will be taken down and we cannot protect your belongings.
- Our stage crew reserves the right to move your belongings if they disrupt reasonable access to the dressing room.
- Props and costumes left behind after the show cannot be protected and may be thrown away by the bar.